Thursday, October 27, 2011

I Walked How Far?

As stated in the previous post, late October turned into one giant Scientific Undertaking for yours truly. Two projects, two different clients, two different parts of the state. All added up to my having walked over 35 miles for science the past three weeks. Some was walked in heat of almost 100 degrees Farenheit (that's 37.7 degrees Celcius to the rest of the world). Some was walked in a torrential downpour so heavy that my sodden feet were sliding back and forth in my work boots (Ah, but I did not get the data wet! The Nerdy Scientist triumphs!).
Some was walked across plowed agricultural fields so soft that one sank above one's ankles in dirt (think about walking through 8 inches of snow). later than normal heat + later than normal rain = later than normal blooming plants ----> intense allergy attacks. Some places were inaccessible by road, so we walked in and walked out, which is why I'm not really certain how far we walked in total. Far, I know it was far.

All in the name of science.

No comments:

Post a Comment