What are you going to do about your health this week?
- Stop focusing on the number on the scale and focus instead on what you're putting into your body to fuel it.
- Eat one piece of fruit a day.
- Try to incorporate a vegetable into your breakfast three times this week. Spinach quiche, anyone? Tomato and eggs? (Okay, I know it's a fruit, but it counts here in the Mossy Nest as a veg.)
- Take a fitness walk. Not a stroll; a walk that increases your heart rate and gets you sweating a little. It doesn't have to be far (even around the block is a great accomplishment if you're a couch potato) and it shouldn't be long if you've not exercised before (5 minutes, that's it, just 5 minutes), but it does have to be at a faster-than-normal pace.
- Remind yourself that you are the only person watching out for you, and you are worth it.
- If you haven't seen your doctor in a while, make an appointment for a physical.
- If you've been avoiding your mammogram, make that appointment.
- If you haven't seen your dentist, make that appointment.
- If you haven't seen your gynecologist, yea, make that appointment.
- Try a relaxation technique twice this week. Acupuncture, massage, meditation, mindful breathing--let's kick stress in the butt,
- Sit outside for lunch and just breathe in the fresh air. Don't think about work, kids, family, anything--just breathe.
- Skip the soda and drink cold water instead.
So, c'mon, gals, we need to set aside time to take care of ourselves. Little steps add up to big changes!