Thursday, March 13, 2014

Cooking Without Photos

This week's Cooking Light recipes have been the chicken with mushroom sauce from the Jan. 2011 issue, the zucchini galette from the July 2012 issue, and the cucumber and feta cheese bites from the Jan. 2014 issue. It was impossible to get a photo of the chicken breast, which I modified by using a red onion instead of shallots; every photos is either blurry (dang you, camera!) or the onions and mushrooms look green and gelatinous. It was delicious; but then, how can anything with mushrooms and onions be otherwise?

I think I went a little too heavy on the garlic in the zucchini galette. And I didn't have time to make the crust so substituted a store-bought pie crust, which is never as good, but made this a very fast dinner.



And the cucumber bites were also very good. I was out of Greek yogurt, so used the plain nonfat yogurt I had on hand, which meant my filling was runnier than it should have been. I also didn't have any walnuts to sprinkle on top, but we all know I'm not slave to a recipe.

I'll try to post a photo of the galette, but it's on my Instagram account (account to right) in case you're interested. There are some breakfasts I want to try next, when I have a free weekend morning to savor the goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment