Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Cleaning House

I hate housework. But it has been borne upon me that I have too much stuff that is useless. I don't have a lot of clothes, and last year I donated almost 2 dozen pairs of shoes, but there is a lot of paper in this house. And out here in the desert, there is a lot of dust. Lots of paper + lots of dust = need to dust  Usually I avoid dusting by simply not dusting. But I have decided that no, that is no longer acceptable. And so I cleaned two and a half bookshelves and recycled magazines that I was keeping for no good reason other than that maybe, someday, there might be a need to look something up in them. (I know, I know, it's all online know if I need to find something, but the Luddite in me sputters "How we will do research of the electricity fails? Or the apocalypse happens and the internet disappears?" This is a real dialogue I have with myself, folks. Sad, isn't it?)

Proof: Half of 15 years' worth of various magazines about to get tossed. I felt very empowered.


Next up: receipts and paid bills--I'm coming for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment