Sunday, July 2, 2017

Nine Months? Felt Like Nine Days

Phew, an awful lot has happened in the past nine months. New job, new career, business trips, some side gigs. Not much of an excuse, but working four part-time jobs after getting laid off was exhausting. The relief of a brand new job in a brand new career was exhilarating and exhausting. The slow drain of all that worry and stress and adrenaline was exhausting. And now the unseasonably long run of very high summer temperatures is exhausting.

I discovered that even though I largely defined myself by my career, I was able to re-define myself and begin again, moving forward in multiple directions. Luckily I've never been one to have all my eggs in one basket, so I had what were formerly side jobs that turned into new paths. It wasn't easy and it took time and perseverance, but I'm proud of my resilience.

I discovered that I am getting older, and age is starting to take a toll on my body. Maintaining my health was one thing I ignored during 2016, and I need to make it a priority again.

So how about a pretty photo or two to reflect on the past nine months of craziness?





No comments:

Post a Comment