Sunday, May 15, 2011

Yarn + Tea = Bliss

Las Tres Yarnistas, a.k.a., M, T, and me, all piled into the E for a road trip to one of my favorite not-so-local yarn stores in the suburbs of the Metropolis, the Fiber Factory, yesterday. I had a gift certificate, the only thing that made the day even more fun. Free yarn! Except that, of course, I couldn't buy just what my gift certificate could afford, I had to buy more (but just one more skein more, really). I fell in love with the most wonderful yarn, Mirasol Nuna in aquamarine, which I knew would be perfect for a crocheted shawl I've had my eye on for several months. I immediately started working with it when I got home, and oh my word, is it delightful! It's delicious! It's de-lovely!

But I realized that I may have been mistaken in thinking the pattern would work well with just one color. I think it will need the contrasting colors the sample had. What? Stop crocheting in mid-shawl? Perish the thought! Onto the Interweb went I, only to confront horror.  Apparently many of my usual online fiber suppliers do not carry Mirasol, and those that do are Out Of It.  What?!?!?

The Fiber Factory is closed today and tomorrow, so I will have to wait on pins and needles until Tuesday to call up there to see if they have Nuna in seashell and flax, or maybe cool blue as a back up contrasting color option. Please, please, please, keep your fingers and hooks crossed that they do.

What made the day even more fun is that right around the corner is a fantastic little cafe and coffee shop, The Bungalow,  where we had lunch. They serve loose leaf tea--good loose leaf tea! They serve good food--they made the Waldorf Chicken Salad from scratch after I ordered it! They have a lovely atmosphere, located in a 1906 remodeled bungalow, where they feed and caffeinate people and offer yoga classes. The hippie in me was so envious we don't have such a quaint place here. Leash and Latte Nights--even Mr. Big could enjoy a place like that. I recommend it highly, and will return the next time I can afford to drive a couple of hundred miles just for yarn.

See, isn't it lovely?

No comments:

Post a Comment