Saturday, July 23, 2011

Look What We Made

Mother of Mossy and I had only collaborated on one blanket for Project Linus, a pattern called Ship Ahoy. But I know that like me, she probably has tons of leftovers, so I suggested she make some squares and I'd join them-she hates joining. She designed her own rectangle and made me a few dozen in different colors. Here is the second joint effort--squares by MoM, join and edge by Mossy. I think it came out great.


This knit blanket used a bulky yarn similar to what the pattern called for, but came out far smaller (I have no idea why). But it's thick and squishy, so hopefully some child or baby will like it.

It's been way too hot here to work on blankets, although I did get one finished last week from some rust-colored ombre boucle that was on clearance at the store. I was hoping that would make a larger blanket than it did, but it's also soft and squishy (sorry, no photo yet; it's in the laundry queue).

No comments:

Post a Comment