Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Cables Meet Blue Yarn

I mastered something this summer. Well, almost mastered. My sister gave me a knitting book last year, and I decided that in 2012 I would master either cables or color work. I had only made two cabled items: the first, a knit square for Warm Up America to learn how to cable in the first place; and the second, a scarf for my brother-in-law. Neither was a challenge. I had two skeins of Caron One Pound in azure that I had earmarked for a larger boys' Project Linus blanket stashed away.

And so cable met blue yarn and the following was born:



Yes, there area few mistakes in it, but I love it. I think it came out great. It's 54 inches by 48 inches so the perfect size for a pre-teen, slightly heavy so it'll be warm, interesting texture-wise but not girly. I definitely plan on making another one. But I need a break form cables for a while as I worked on this on and off for three months.

No, now I face my Ravellenics Game challenge on Ravelry, for which I will make myself a sweater during the 2012 Olympic Games. Now I just have to decide what Englishy-type food to eat during the opening ceremonies when I start my challenge: tea and scones? Fish and chips? American Cadbury chocolate that I pretend is the superior English Cadbury chocolate? Pimms?

No comments:

Post a Comment