Sunday, October 14, 2012

DoodleBug's First Charity Walk

DoodleBug completed his first charity walk today, for the local AIDS Foundation. He had a great time! It was just a short walk (4 K, or 2.4 miles), but had been selected by the daughter of a friend as a charitable walk she wanted to do. And, as this is one of the few that allows dogs to participate, when they asked me to walk with them, naturally, I agreed. Doodle was in his element, working the crowd, flirting with the women, charming the men, making the kids giggle. We ran into two other golden retrievers adopted from his rescue group, one of whom we'd met at a local meet and greet, and the other who was adopted at the same time as Doodle. I could have gotten her dog and she could have gotten mine. Might I say here that hers was much calmer than my maniac.

Anyway, it was hard to get photos, as I was on the other end of the leash, but here's a photo taken before the race. Doodle is leaning into one of his most favorite people in the world, my friend J. He and I often go on 3 or 6 mile walks with J, so when he sees her, he immediately assumes he's in for a fun, long walk and we have to start NOW. Forget this waiting nonsense. Let's walk!

Late this afternoon, after a Pet Partners meeting, I ran into my friend A in, of all places, the yarn aisle in JoAnn's, and she wants to go on one of these walks with me. I'm going to scout out one where we can take dogs, as she has two: a senior lab and a young Pomeranian. Can you imagine the ginger cuteness of DoodleBug and a Pom walking together? I'm not sure I can stand that much cuteness.


No comments:

Post a Comment