Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Vegetable Tian

Last night I searched through old issues of Cooking Light to find a dish that could be made with what I had on hand--an eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes. I found a delicious recipe for an eggplant, zucchini and tomato tian in the July 2010 issue. I even had chicken broth. I did have to stop for a baguette, but a crusty loaf of bread--always worth a stop. It tastes even better than it looks.





This experiment seems to be working. After 3 weeks of the scale's digital numbers not moving, I lost a pound on Saturday. Hooray!

Than I gained it back because we celebrated my boss' birthday yesterday with catered sandwiches and trays of breakfast goodies like danishes and sticky buns. I chose one of the non-vegetarian offerings, which was a chicken caesar on focacaia. And a sticky bun. And I gained it all back plus 0.2. Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment