Saturday, December 31, 2011

Holiday Cooking in the Nest

Acorn Squash-Apple-Roasted Pecan-Cinnamon side dish (for the human)--tastes like a baked apple. Delicious!!





Cranberry Muffins (for the dogs)


Hannukah canapes made by Catholic me for my Jewish friend's Moroccan vegetarian Christmas Day dinner--Goat Cheese, Cream Cheese and Carrot Spread on Kosher Marble Rye (for the humans)
 
Missing photos of the Peanut Butter-Honey Nut Cheerios treats (for the dogs). Happy eating in 2012, everyone!

And really, Pantone? Tangerine Tango 17-1463? Well, now that the Year of Pink is over, I can paint my bathroom the sea glass green I've been waiting for all year. The only person I know who can wear tangerine is the vegetarian Jewish friend of the Christmas Day Moroccan dinner. Great, one woman out of several billion on the planet. 

To ring in the new year, we are serving breakfast for dinner--raisin challah french toast and mimosas. Despite the arrival of the Tall Golden Boy, 2011 has not been a great year in the Nest, with the heartbreaking loss of our pupgirl, which still sears, and the current cancer crisis of our Sweet Piebald Kitty, which I haven't written about because I vowed my blog would not be a whine fest/cry fest. Please let 2012 be better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment