Friday, January 10, 2014

One Small Step for the Puppy...

One large step for household harmony.

Wednesday was Pipsqueak's first homecoming anniversary. I cannot believe she's already been here for one year. What a year it has been. Probably the most stressful in my life. No wonder I've gained 10 lbs.

In December, I started leaving her out of her crate, loose in the house, while I was gone, first for an hour, then an hour and a half, the next weekend two hours, and so on. Yesterday I left her out with her 'brothers' all day while I was at work, almost 9 hours. I returned home to find...

...nothing had happened. One of her toys was on my bed. That's it. She behaved like a champ. I'm very proud of my little Pipsqueak.

Now, if she wouldn't pull on  leash (my mantra of 2013) and wouldn't bully her brother over toys, all would be well.

We're getting there. We're slowly getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment