Friday, July 23, 2010

In Which I Walk to London

Well, not really, of course. But I've been keeping a walking log for years, and just went from page 24 to page 25, which means that it was time to add up my miles and see how far I'd walked.

3,585.41 miles.

Yup, I've walked over 3,500 miles. New York to London is 3,471 miles, so if there wasn't a pesky little ocean in the way, I could have walked to London from the house I grew up in. If I can multiply that number of total miles walked by 7 before I die, I'll have walked around the circumference of the earth.

If I average 300 miles a year, that means it would take me just over 83 years to walk around the earth. I probably have over 60 years to go at this rate, and I don't know if I'll be able to walk 300 miles a year when I'm over 100 (which is where I'll be in 60 years). I'd better start walking more!

No comments:

Post a Comment